Webmail Upgraded

General discussions and other topics.
24 posts Page 3 of 3
by ankh » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:02 am
Same result --- forwarding from the Graymail folder, as an attachment:
Mailhost configuration problem, identified internal IP as source
Mailhost:
Please correct this situation - register every email address where you receive spam
No source IP address found, cannot proceed.
Add/edit your mailhost configuration
Finding full email headers
Submitting spam via email (may work better)
Example: What spam headers should look like
Nothing to do.
------------

So since reporting works fine with spam that got to the Inbox without being intercepted,

is there a different mailhost I need to register with Spamcop, to take the SpamAssasain headers into account?
Because as noted once I remove those, the Spamcop system takes the report.

Setting out exactly the steps that work for you would be helpful, then I can follow exactly those steps.
by ankh » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:54 am
done, followed up to viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2540 as this doesn't seem to have changed with the webmail upgrade.

[edited for, I hope, clarity]

Kelsey (kgc) -- If reporting out of Graymail in Webmail using Forward as Attachment works for you, please follow up to that thread if convenient == maybe your successful method is teachable?

If you're talking only about reporting from the Inbox, that works for me fine. It's only the SpamAssassin headers on the Graymail that are the question for me.
by sundial » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:40 pm
There is still a problem. When I have read a message, and return to the inbox list view, that message remains checked. If a new message comes in, and I click once on that (new) message line, it AND the previous message are now checked. This is just plain wrong. What if I were to delete the new message - now the other, that I had just read and decided to keep, will be lost.

Please fix or change this unhelpful behaviour. Once a message has been read, and the user returns to list view, DE-select the message they were just reading.

p.s. I do not use the message preview pane
by drew.phillips » Mon May 02, 2016 2:40 pm
sundial wrote:There is still a problem. When I have read a message, and return to the inbox list view, that message remains checked. If a new message comes in, and I click once on that (new) message line, it AND the previous message are now checked. This is just plain wrong. What if I were to delete the new message - now the other, that I had just read and decided to keep, will be lost.

Please fix or change this unhelpful behaviour. Once a message has been read, and the user returns to list view, DE-select the message they were just reading.

p.s. I do not use the message preview pane
This selection of the previously viewed message is built into the core of Roundcube now, so it isn't easy to turn off as there's no option for it.

That said, with the previous message selected and a new message comes in, if you click any part of the message row on the new message (except the checkbox area), it unselects the old message. Is this not the case for you?
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
24 posts Page 3 of 3