The beta version is running the latest version of Roundcube Mail which fixes a number of browser bugs and other improvements.
In addition, there are a number of new features and improvements including:
- A more functional and improved layout for mobile phones and tablets
- Drag and drop attachments into new emails
- Improved interface for composing messages
- A rich text editor for composing HTML emails with inline images, custom fonts, colors, emoticons and more
- Download multiple attachments in a single zip file
- Keyboard shortcut: Press 'm' to quickly mark one or more messages read or unread
- Keyboard shortcut: Press Ctrl+Enter to send message
- Improvements to message labels (Thunderbird compatible)
- Option to automatically add addresses you send email to into your address book (disabled by default; to enable go to Settings >> Address Book >> Enable "Use automatic address book")
- A number of other small improvements to the UI, functionality, message labels, and templates
While the update to the backend is significant, we've tried very hard to keep the same look and functionality you've grown accustomed to over the years.
Please note that any settings and preferences you've set in the current webmail client are separate from the beta. This includes things like your address book, user interface, message composition and mail identities etc.
If you opt to try it, we welcome any feedback, suggestions, bug reports, or any other comments.
Thanks for reading!
EDIT: We are planning to roll out webmail-beta to production on Friday, April 15th at approximately 11 PM. Information will be posted in a MOTD shortly.