How to connect new Linksys RE6500 extender

General discussions and other topics.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
by paultov » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:59 pm
I just bought a new Linksys extender.

It would not connect to the PACE router that I had installed as part of the Gigabit program.

Tried linksys tech support: they were not able to do anything.

They started telling me how I may try to change the settings on the router and I am comfortable doing that due to lack of my understanding.

Any simple suggestions, except for just returning the extender?

Thank you.

Paul
by dct » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:28 pm
Hey Paul,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your extender. Where in the process does it fail? Does it provide you with an error message, or a failure message?

Any additional information you can provide will help us get this moving in the right direction.
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
by paultov » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:00 pm
Hello Dan,
Yes, it says it cannot communicate with the network and suggesting to either reset the router (I tried) or add a static IP address etc.
So, I guess it is a dead end here?
Paul
by dct » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:40 pm
Hey Paul,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you - I had to do some independent research on your device. As far as I can tell, the RE6500 shouldn't have an issue with the Pace 5268AC you've got installed at home.

I took a look at the configuration of your Pace, however, and I see that both wireless networks - 2.4ghz & 5ghz - have the same network name. This can confuse many devices, and might be the reason you're running into issues setting up your range extender.

Try and change the 5ghz network name (or call support and have us change it) to see if that resolves the issue for you, and let us know how it goes.
Dan T.
707-547-3400
@Sonic
by arojek » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:25 pm
I'm having this same problem with a Linksys RE6400 - are there any potential resolutions? I already tried changing the second network name but I still can't connect
by miken » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:24 am
arojek wrote:I'm having this same problem with a Linksys RE6400 - are there any potential resolutions? I already tried changing the second network name but I still can't connect
What method are you using to connect the range extender? The article I found involves getting into the extender and then connecting to the Pace's network afterwards (http://www.linksys.com/us/support-artic ... Num=181936).

If you are using the same method, at what point during the process are you running into the problem? Also, are there any error messages you are seeing when trying to set it up?
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by Tom » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:15 pm
Hi Dan,

I'm having the same problem. Pace router will not connect with Linksys range extender. The range extender worked fine with my previous linksys wifi router. The process bombs at the stage where the extender is trying to connect with the Pace router. It never seems to find it. I've tried the WPS and manual setup method. Any help would be terrific.
by dct » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:13 pm
Hey Tom,

When you get to this point

Do you ever see the Sonic network listed? If so, does it only fail when you try to connect to that network? Let me know, and hopefully we can get this in the right direction.
Dan T.
707-547-3400
@Sonic
by Mike N » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:35 pm
i am also having problems connecting my pace 5268ac modem to a linksys re6400 extender. after selecting the available networks and entering the password, it spends 2-3 minutes trying to connect to the network. after unsuccessfully connecting, i receive the "unable to connect to your network" message. further details indicate that extender was "unable to obtain IP from network." i've also tried connecting via the WPS button, no success. called linksys support and tried for over an hour with no success. i've also called sonic technical support with also no success. what to do?
by Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:51 pm
Try temporarily disabling WPA/WEP to see if that might be the problem. Shouldn't be but I've run into it before.
14 posts Page 1 of 2