How to configure My Cloud for Pace 5268AC

General discussions and other topics.
75 posts Page 3 of 8
by adame » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:25 am
Just an update here. We're in contact with both Pace and Western Digital about the issue. Each company has a sample of the other's product and their engineers are communicating to try and find a fix.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by Shreyans Jain » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:26 pm
Hello Support Folks,

Any update to the issue ? AT&T just upgraded my Router and I have the same issue not being able to connect by WD Cloud to the PACE 5268 Router. Any support will be appreciated.
by adame » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:36 pm
Hi there,

We're still tracking this issue. Pace is working with Broadcom, one of their vendors, to resolve the autonegotiation issue causing this problem. I apologize that we do not have an ETA currently.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by BrianW » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:26 pm
So how do you accomplish the setting change if you can't access the drive?

B.
by adame » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:24 pm
BrianW wrote:
So how do you accomplish the setting change if you can't access the drive?

B.


We've heard MyCloud customers say that they can access the drive by plugging an Ethernet cable directly from the computer to the MyCloud.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by Guest » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:12 am
So I turned on SSH and successfully SSH'd to the drive and ran that command successfully. Still can't connect to the drive.......
by adame » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:23 pm
Guest wrote:
So I turned on SSH and successfully SSH'd to the drive and ran that command successfully. Still can't connect to the drive.......


Can you verify via the ethtool command that you've set the speed correctly to 10mb full duplex? Does the LED on the drive's Ethernet port light up when you're connected?
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by BrianW » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:53 pm
adame wrote:
Guest wrote:
So I turned on SSH and successfully SSH'd to the drive and ran that command successfully. Still can't connect to the drive.......


Can you verify via the ethtool command that you've set the speed correctly to 10mb full duplex? Does the LED on the drive's Ethernet port light up when you're connected?



I got the confirmation message after the command was run. I don't know how to confirm it via command line, I'd have to look up how to do that. I didn't check the Ethernet port light after executing the command. Are you referring to checking it after reconnecting to the router or when connected to the computer I'm SSH'ing from?

Thanks,
B.
by BrianW » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:23 pm
Okay, so it dawned on me that everyone says the problem is auto negotiation, but the command I was running didn't seem to be doing anything to set that attribute. I also noticed that after issuing ethtool eth0 that it showed auto-negotiation as "on".
I was issuing this command
ethtool -s eth0 speed 10 duplex full
which I think just sets speed.
I modified and issued the command this way.
ethtool -s eth0 speed 10 duplex full autoneg off

After plugging the WD drive back in to the router it now links(blue light) and I can access the drive again via my computer!!! :-)
I wonder if I can rerun the command with 100 as the speed and improve performance? Any thoughts?

B.
by adame » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:49 pm
BrianW wrote:
Okay, so it dawned on me that everyone says the problem is auto negotiation, but the command I was running didn't seem to be doing anything to set that attribute.


Thanks for the correction. I've edited my original post to include that.

After plugging the WD drive back in to the router it now links(blue light) and I can access the drive again via my computer!!! :-)
I wonder if I can rerun the command with 100 as the speed and improve performance? Any thoughts?


You should be able to. See if 100 full duplex works.

I've checked in with Pace on the status of the bug, and they are still waiting on their vendor to finish rewriting the necessary driver to fix this. I'm sorry for the length of the delay fixing this.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
75 posts Page 3 of 8

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 964 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:23 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests