How to configure My Cloud for Pace 5268AC

General discussions and other topics.
75 posts Page 6 of 8
by Confused » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:00 pm
Is there an uodate that the pace 5268ac router not wanting to play with WD mycloud?
by Guest » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:13 pm
cmclennan wrote:I have tried the SSH command using the terminal on MAC OS X yosemite, I can get to the root off my cloud and use the eth tool command but my confirmation looks like this:

root@WDMyCloudMirror root # ethtool -s eth0 speed 10 duplex full autoneg off
Cannot get current device settings: No such device
not setting speed
not setting duplex
not setting autoneg

Only thing is not seeing is the device. Any thoughts
cmclennan, sorry haven't checked for status updates on this much lately since I've given up completely on Pace ever implementing a problem for this over a year old problem.....

Did you get yours working with manual speed setting? What output do you get by issuing just "ethtool eth0"?

I used this successfully a while back to set my speed to 1G, but drive is currently powered off since settings get wiped too often for me to keep up with redoing it.
ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full autoneg off

Hope that helps some

BrianW.
by BrianW » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:15 pm
robert_s wrote:We have very recently tested new firmware and it appears to fix the issue. You should be seeing it very soon.
So, here we are 2 months later and I've still not seen any firmware updates......

Robert, any updates on where this sad support effort is currently at?

BrianW.
by adame » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:26 pm
BrianW wrote:
robert_s wrote:We have very recently tested new firmware and it appears to fix the issue. You should be seeing it very soon.
So, here we are 2 months later and I've still not seen any firmware updates......

Robert, any updates on where this sad support effort is currently at?

BrianW.
I do apologize for the length of time it's taken to deploy a fix to this issue. Getting two different manufacturers to work together has been a challenge. Deployment on this firmware was delayed because of other issues introduced by this update. That being said, we're in our final testing phase for a new release that addresses all outstanding issues, and it will be pushed before the end of the month at the very latest.

If this issue is seriously affecting your quality of internet experience, I can push a beta version to you that will fix this problem specifically. However, it's beta, and if you already have a work-around we'd suggest waiting.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by lienhoang00 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:47 pm
I'm also having the same problem. Has the firmware been rolled out?
by adame » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:37 am
lienhoang00 wrote:I'm also having the same problem. Has the firmware been rolled out?
We're still waiting on a couple features. I went ahead and pushed an intermediary version live which fixes this issue.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by Bender » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:17 pm
How do I get to this version if my cloud doesn't have internet access?
by misterb » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:36 pm
Curious if this is a Pace 5268AC 'fix' in general and would therefore be available for other providers using this gateway (e.g. U-Verse)? Or is it a Sonic specific update?

Thanks for working on this for so long.
by CDB » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:11 pm
I am also having this problem
by anitom » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:30 pm
My WD Duo seems to work just fine.
The output from the Pace 5268 feeds into a Net Gear 12 port switch, and one of the outputs from the switch feeds the WD Duo. Try feeding through a gigabit switch (5 port switches are as little as $20) on your home network and let us know if that works for you.
Tom on Brentwood Fiber and one happy camper!
75 posts Page 6 of 8