How to configure My Cloud for Pace 5268AC

General discussions and other topics.
75 posts Page 5 of 8
by JoeM » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:08 am
OK, so has this update been made available yet? How does one get it. I am really anxious t o get the MyCloud working! Have had a replacement already, started working but now falls off constantly. This is getting old.[/quote]
by adame » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:43 am
No, Broadcom has missed their commit with Pace, so we've escalated this issue to their management team. Let me know if you need assistance with the workaround in the meantime. I'd be happy to walk you through it.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by staplerx » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:04 pm
After about 2 hours of troubleshooting, I'm happy to report that my WD My Cloud finally has a link to my Pace 5268AC. I can confirm that the auto-negotiation setting gets wiped if the WD is reset.

Very appreciative that the folks at Sonic have put in effort and reached out to the various vendors to resolve this problem.
by BrianW » Thu May 26, 2016 9:35 am
Is there any update as to when this fix will be completed and available? I'm getting tired of having to redo the manual config workaround every time the router or MyCloud resets..... I guess I'll have to try to find the site that provided some instructions on how to make the manual config permanent. I've been tempted to request a new router from AT&T instead of messing with this junky one, but I'm not sure I'd get anything better out of that request.

Is there someone who needs their inbox filled with complaints from angry customers to get some movement on a resolution? If so maybe someone should post it here and let the email flow! :-)

Thanks,
B.
by adame » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:03 pm
I'm sorry to say the fix we received from Broadcom did not adequately solve the problem. During our initial testing it appeared to work, but if either device was rebooted, re-negotiation takes a period of between fifteen minutes and several hours. We've been waiting for Broadcom to make additional progress, and escalated once again with their management team.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by michael72688 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:05 pm
post deleted
by BrianW » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:57 pm
So here we are 2 months later with no new updates, so I'll take that to mean there still is no solution to this very old problem.

I had 2 AT&T techs at my home last week and asked them if they currently offered anything other than the Pace POS unit and was told that they didn't. They indicated that it was the "best" unit they offered........

I guess I might as well bite the bullet and spend money on the other work around since it's apparent Pace doesn't care about getting this fixed. I'll be sure to make sure anything else I buy isn't a Pace product, if possible.....

B.
by robert_s » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:06 pm
We have very recently tested new firmware and it appears to fix the issue. You should be seeing it very soon.
Robert S.
Proud Sonic Employee
707-547-3400
by cmclennan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:49 pm
I have tried the SSH command using the terminal on MAC OS X yosemite, I can get to the root off my cloud and use the eth tool command but my confirmation looks like this:

root@WDMyCloudMirror root # ethtool -s eth0 speed 10 duplex full autoneg off
Cannot get current device settings: No such device
not setting speed
not setting duplex
not setting autoneg

Only thing is not seeing is the device. Any thoughts
by MelissaTrevino » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:57 pm
robert_s wrote:We have very recently tested new firmware and it appears to fix the issue. You should be seeing it very soon.
Can we get an update on this firmware update? I haven't been able to backup my laptop in months since getting this POS Pace and am on the verge of switching from Sonic due to the lack of a solution to this problem. (Which is a shame since I've genuinely liked having Sonic's overall service and support.) At least if you could offer an alternate modem until the issue is fixed! It seems insane to only have one option as you're putting all your eggs in that one basket and assuming that there won't be any compatibility issues.

I never had ANY problems with my MyCloud working with my original modem that Sonic provided and then I was sent a "New and improved' Pace when I moved and have had nothing but trouble since. I'm not nearly as tech savvy as most of the posters to this forum so I don't feel confident at all attempting any of the suggested workarounds on my own.
75 posts Page 5 of 8