Best way to contact Sonic?

General discussions and other topics.
16 posts Page 2 of 2
by ben.blois » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:51 am
lr wrote:
dane wrote:The second method is email. When you email support@sonic.net or billing@sonic.net, you'll receive back a ticket number assignment, which you can use to reference the item if you fail to receive a response. If you don't see a response in 24 hours, do ring, and reference the ticket number.

I'm sorry we've been challenging to reach, that's not the typical experience.
I worry that Sonic's (usually excellent) staff is getting a bit overloaded. I just remembered that I have a ticket open (not support, but sales), and it has been 4 days without response.

Dane: Would it be possible to put a quick hack into your ticket tracking system that sends an automatic e-mail after 36 or 48 hours on an ticket without any activity, just saying "we have not forgotten you"? It might also a good idea to do a little audit of how long tickets go before being answered.

In the meantime, I'll just forward the ticket e-mail to sales and support, they can work on it next week.
I'm sorry you've had this experience so far. We do have a system in place that alerts all of our techs of the oldest tickets sitting in our queue, and we are encouraged to start from the bottom up in our tech inbox. If your issue is still unresolved, post your ticket number here and I will look into it personally.
Ben Blois
Sonic Technical Support
(707) 547-3400
by lr » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:06 pm
Problem solved by me calling on the phone! Ticket is now closed.

Hold times and e-mail response is still a problem, but I don't get upset about that.
Linda and Ralph and John; 735 Sunset Ridge Road; Los Gatos, CA 95033; 408-395-1435
by mediahound » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:21 am
I set a call back in your system this morning for 9:30AM and was never called back!

UPDATE: They phoned back but an hour later than I had scheduled...
by yoyomaper » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:30 am
I have two tickets waiting for email responses, please check them out, thanks!
by filbo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:06 pm
I'm about to ask for a callback to buy FTTN-1x, which is apparently a request-only item.

Here are some things that could be better in the callback system (http://sonic.net/support/cba / http://sonic.com/support_cba_request):
  • Let me choose which role (sales, support, ?anything else?) I need to talk to
  • 8-10am offered times are too early for me, maybe offer more?
  • Show the day-of-week and date of the proposed callbacks -- currently can't tell if it's offering tomorrow or Monday
  • Show AM/PM; if I was checking at 8pm I wouldn't be sure if it meant tonight or tomorrow morning!
by Nancy Mills » Fri May 12, 2017 11:08 am
Hi Dane, I feel like I know you. I was a close friend of Carol and she often had very nice things to say about you and your family. In any case we are on DuPont Rd, just 2 miles east of Occidental and we have Exede, 10 GB for $69.95. It's such a ripoff I feel angry every time I have to pay the bill. I was listening to a podcast this morning called "Trail Blazers" by Walter Isaacson" episode "Lights, Camera, Disruption"! It was about Blockbuster and Netflix it was interesting. It got me thinking about Sonic and the fact that we have been waiting for you to come to our neighborhood for years now. Our neighbors are getting Comcast more and more. To be a "disruptor" you have to move fast and get this service up and running to compete in this world of inovation and I would hope for a reasonable cost, unlike Excede. We are waiting. Sincerely, Nancy Mills and Phil Sullivan
16 posts Page 2 of 2