Pace 5168N-110 Router: What Can the USB Port Be Used For?

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by lucy » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 am
If anything? I have tried connecting USB hard drives and a USB printer to the port with no result. I don't recognize anything in the router's configuration gateway (http://gateway.sonic.net) as corresponding to the USB port.

Pace's datasheet on the 5168N-110 describes the port as "USB 2.0 Host interface". What does this mean?
by joemuller » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:57 pm
As far as I'm aware, it doesn't do anything useful. That said, you could probably charge your phone from it if it uses a USB cable. :)
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by goetsch » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:43 pm
Presumably it's for use in the unlikely event that you want network access and have a machine with USB 2 or greater and no NIC.
by toast0 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:25 pm
goetsch wrote:Presumably it's for use in the unlikely event that you want network access and have a machine with USB 2 or greater and no NIC.
Some similar devices can balance/failover to a USB 3g/LTE wan interface. If this were for access for a sad computer with no nic, it would be a device port, not a host port.
by Anthony » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:04 pm
actually i was digging in my settings one night and found out you can enable dlna and attach a hardrive with media and stream it to like an xbox one.
by brainchipped » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:56 pm
I would like to plug in my android to get onto the home network of access the Internet.

Also, If I plug in a external hard drive can I rig the 5168n to act as a FTP server?
Thanks
I have two nano-super computer in my skull, but they are a big detriment. You geeks who want one would go nuts.
by subliminalsf » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:06 pm
How?

\
Anthony wrote:actually i was digging in my settings one night and found out you can enable dlna and attach a hardrive with media and stream it to like an xbox one.
7 posts Page 1 of 1