Children's museum

General discussions and other topics.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by Carlee Colt » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:45 pm
POST DELETED - SPAM
by kgc » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 am
I'd check out the museum 's site and their event calendar for more info at http://cmosc.org/ but it looks like they aren't going to be open fully until some time in 2013. My 11 year-old daughter really enjoyed the Indianapolis Children's Museum this past Summer, especially the DInosphere (but maybe just because she got to tell her little brothers all about it.)
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by patty1 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:18 pm
Hi, Carlee.

I'm not sure what you mean by "tourist attractions pricing information," but the ticket prices are on the Visit page you provided a link for. They seem very reasonable to me.

I haven't been to the museum, but I did some research on it a few months ago after a friend was in Indy on a business trip and told me about it. She hasn't visited it, either, but it sure caught her eye as she drove by one day! I figure any place with that much imagination on the outside must be just as wonderful on the inside! So I hope you and your kids do get a chance to try it, and let us know how you liked it!

Patty
by dane » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:55 am
That post was spam. It was posted by someone from an out-of-state IP address, and linked the phrase "tourist attractions" to a museum in Illinois. Google link bait.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by patty1 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:54 am
Hi, Dane.

Hmm, okay, sorry if I got taken in by a spam posting. As mentioned in the posting, the link went to the website of the Indianapolis Children's Museum in Indiana. (Specifically, to the page about their location, hours, and ticket prices.) I can't speak to the motivation of the poster, but the museum itself is certainly a legitimate business. If it was spam, I'm sure they didn't authorize it.

Patty
by dane » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:42 am
It was link bait. They made a couple postings, and in each they included something like "family vacations" in the anchor text. This causes Google to more highly rank the museum's website for searches related to that.

I would conclude that the museum has hired a search engine "optimization" company, who's function is basically to try to elevate your rankings through sneaky tactics like this.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1