Testing out an idea and feature vote box

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by dane » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:50 pm
We am testing a feature and idea vote box, will you give it a try and let us know what you think? Weigh in with your votes for the features you want most.

http://sonicnet.uservoice.com/

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bsprajc » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:15 am
I think it works great!
One thing I voted for was small static IP blocks, at the beginning of the week. On friday I got an email telling me that smaller IP blocks were now available, with a link to member tools so I could change my IP allocation myself.

*** From voting to deployment in less than 5 days. Amazining! ***
*** That an ISP/Voice provider provides options for customers to LOWER their monthly bill, Amazing! ***

Because I only need a single static IP address, and that Sonic will give you a single static IP *free of charge*, my bill is now $20 lower each month, a 1/3 savings.

Oh, and the tool works great, in 5 minutes I had a new IP address. I just changed the WAN address on my router to match the new IP. No down time, no need to call support. I just worked.

Thanks!
by dane » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:12 am
Tell a friend?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by stefanl » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm
I have voted on a number of items at http://sonicnet.uservoice.com/ . I don't think I have ever posted my own idea.

Today, I wanted to post my own idea but Uservoice won't let me. Uservoice says:
You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.
There are two ways to get more votes:
* When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
* You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
* To see ideas you have already voted on, select the “My feedback” filter and select “My open ideas”.
I understand why this is, but shouldn't we get a new batch of 'votes' once every 12 months or so?

I voted on ideas a long time ago because I thought I was being helpful. But I can't control if you actually implement the ideas, so I never get my votes back. Now, I'm not allowed to post my own idea without retracting my votes.

It's also not user friendly. Now I need to spend time and go fix this, just so I can give you an idea.

-= Stefan
--
Stefan Lasiewski, stefanco.com
by kbenson » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:09 pm
Well, it makes sense, in a way. Suggesting something is implicitly voting for it. If you have no votes left, you can't suggest. I suspect there would be far more suggestions of dubious quality if they didn't require a vote.

From their listed solutions, the fix seems clear; find the idea you voted for that you value least (or that doesn't require as many of your votes if you allocated more than one), and remove it so you can create a new suggestion and apply your newly free vote to that.
5 posts Page 1 of 1