Xbox Live Unstable

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by chrisgeorge » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:55 pm
Hey all,
I'm having some issues with Xbox Live. It appears that ever since I started using Sonic.NET a few months ago XBL has been extremely unstable. I'm constantly getting timeouts and errors from the service even though I will originally be logged in.

Has anyone else run into these problems?
by jleake » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:50 am
Hello Chris,

This definitely shouldn't be happening! Please give support a call whenever it's convenient for you so we can do some testing, adjust the line for stability, and dispatch a tech if necessary. Once we know there's a problem, we can generally resolve it pretty quickly. We're available weekdays 6 AM - 11 PM and weekends 8 AM - 10 PM.
Juliana L.
Customer Support, Sonic.net, Inc.
by clairet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:07 pm
I have a couple of extra thoughts on this that might help you out. If one of our techs turned on interleave on your line (to correct for stability issues), you can see these types of issues. Interleave increases ping times and that lag can severely affect your gaming. Also, try power cycling your modem and router and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, that probably means that your line needs to be optimized because excessive code violations are building up. As jleake suggested, calling customer support sounds like a good idea.
Claire T.
Sonic.net Technical Support
3 posts Page 1 of 1