Tech support

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by chena » Sat May 06, 2023 8:14 am
I’ve been a Sonic.Net customer since 1996 and I’ve always admired their tech support. My calls are answered by seemingly well-trained grownups who know the technology. Yesterday was the first time I’d considered switching to a different provider. I was on a work Zoom and my signal kept cutting out. Afterwards, I called Sonic.Net support. My call was answered by what sounded like a very young person using a defective headset, with lots of static and gaps. She or he advised me to turn off the power strip to my router. The strip was inaccessible, would have also turned off my lamp, and I asked why I couldn’t simply pull the power plug from the back of my router. The tech said, “I’m telling you what to do. You can do whatever you want.” Whoa! But I unplugged the router, and he/she told me to plug it back in again. I took my life in my hands and asked, didn’t I need to wait one minute, then let the unit cycle through its start-up routine? The response: “I’m just trying to help you.” It was so outlandish I busted up laughing, got off the phone and called my computer tech…who reminded me he’d been encouraging me to switch to Comcast for years. One bad experience might not indicate a change in the health of Sonic.Net or its staff training policies, but in combination with the rate increase it doesn’t bode well.
by syntaxsid1 » Mon May 08, 2023 9:51 am
Hello,

We deeply apologize for the experience you had with our staff. This should not be the way our valued customers are treated and we will investigate and coach this individual so this behavior is not repeated. If you feel that you are not getting the help/assistance you need by the support rep that took your call initially, you are well within your rights to request a different support member. This does not mean that you will be placed at the "bottom of the list" in the support queue. You will be transferred to the next immediately available support member. We hope this information helps. Have a great day!

Jeff M - CES
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1