Make webmail show all recipients, CC and BCC when viewing messages?

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by tbessie » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:09 pm
Hi all...

I use the webmail client every day, and if I want to see all recipients including CC and BCC, I have to view the message headers.

Is there a setting I've not yet found that can turn this on? Or is that not a feature of this webmail client? Any chance we can add that feature?

I know that if I double-click on the message, it shows them, but it would be nice not to have to do that.

- Tim
by virtualmike » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:37 pm
Are you referring to viewing in the preview pane? Most mail programs don't show those details in preview mode, as it's intended to give a synopsis of the email and not show all the detail.
by tbessie » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:48 pm
virtualmike wrote:Are you referring to viewing in the preview pane? Most mail programs don't show those details in preview mode, as it's intended to give a synopsis of the email and not show all the detail.
Many don't, but many do. I think I can configure Outlook to do that, for instance. I think it should be an option to show all recipients in the preview panel. But that's just my opinion. :-)

- Tim
by dragonsclaw » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:08 am
BCC means BLIND COPY
No one shows those, because they are stripped at the first hop.
by tbessie » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:39 am
dragonsclaw wrote:BCC means BLIND COPY
No one shows those, because they are stripped at the first hop.
Well yes, I know what it means :-)

Perhaps I should have made clear that I'm also viewing messages in my SENT folder, which retains all recipient headers?

- Tim
5 posts Page 1 of 1