Sonic Fiber installer - not vaccinated, not masked.

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by lachoff » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:04 am
Just sharing that Sonic sent an installation contractor (not a Sonic employee) to connect my Sonic Fiber today, and the gentleman arrived at my home without a mask on. I asked if he was vaccinated, and he laughed and said, no. He offered to go get a mask from his truck.
I called Sonic Support to ask if the company was aware they were sending unvaccinated contractors to customers' homes. Even if your business's policy is that you don't require employees or contractors to be vaccinated, it's incredibly disrespectful to your customers to assume that they are not at risk of serious health consequences, should they be exposed to the virus. These workers are entering our homes without any knowledge of our own health considerations, obviously, and should be masked, as a policy. The Sonic Support representative I spoke with made me feel like I was being paranoid. The whole experience was so different from every other experience I've had with Sonic so far, I was really put off by it.
by dane » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:24 am
We’ll discuss this with our field team leadership. The use of contracted outside installers is a pretty new process for us, and while it’s mostly gone really well, there are areas we may need to keep working to refine the process.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1