SF Outage

General discussions and other topics.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
by jerry_bp » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:54 pm
- Why is this outage not announced? I am in Lake Merced Area.
- Why is customer service unable to tell us what is going on?
- Why is it that this won’t be fixed in hours?
- Why are explanations B.S.

We need to know EXACTLY why there is an outage and WHY can’t it be fixed in hours. It’s a Friday night and we are being affected badly. Least we can expect is an explanation.

All we get is “phone pole might have fallen”. Q: “Where?”
A: “Dont know”
Q: “Why can’t you fix it quickly?”
A: “I don’t know”
Q: “Need to talk to someone that does”
A: “No one around”
Q: “You are not being very helpful…”
A: “Im sorry sir that’s all we know”
Q: “Yeah well… it isn’t helping at all.”
A: “Well we are telling you there is an outage”
Q: “Do you realize that I CALLED BECAUSE HERE IS AN OUTAGE? Tell me stuff I don’t already know!”
A: “We don’t have more information”
Q: “So… you are telling me you cant fix it tonight… that you don’t know why… and that you don’t have an ETA of WHEN WILL THOS BE FIXED?!”
A: “I’m sorry sir…”

SONIC CEO: Plz tell us exactly what and why is this happening. With details please, B.S. explanations only make us wonder why anyone would lie about this.

Thanks.
by afloccari3 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:58 pm
Hey, just wanted to confirm that there is indeed an outage going on. I'm also on your side of town, and have gone through a good bit of debugging with no luck. Thanks for posting here, I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this outage.
by andrewbachmann » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:03 pm
Outage extends to Ingleside around city college. Called another friend and their Sonic is also out. It's been like four hours I believe.
by chrismentzel » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:17 am
Frustrating lack of info on their status page: https://sonicstatus.com/

I understand phone support turning off but hopefully something was being worked on from 10pm to this morning. Long outage - now on at least the 12th hour. Never had this length outage with cable, is this common? I’m new to sonic, month two…
by coolmingli » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:53 am
I have never seen an outage like this in regards of any services, more than 12 hours, Sonic Internet is not reliable, no status update, bad customer services.
by stevenduong415 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:07 am
The lack of updates and transparency is comical. I’m going back to xfinity and telling everyone to stay away unless you want outages with no actual supports or updates
by coolmingli » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:53 am
jerry_bp wrote:- Why is this outage not announced? I am in Lake Merced Area.
- Why is customer service unable to tell us what is going on?
- Why is it that this won’t be fixed in hours?
- Why are explanations B.S.

We need to know EXACTLY why there is an outage and WHY can’t it be fixed in hours. It’s a Friday night and we are being affected badly. Least we can expect is an explanation.

All we get is “phone pole might have fallen”. Q: “Where?”
A: “Dont know”
Q: “Why can’t you fix it quickly?”
A: “I don’t know”
Q: “Need to talk to someone that does”
A: “No one around”
Q: “You are not being very helpful…”
A: “Im sorry sir that’s all we know”
Q: “Yeah well… it isn’t helping at all.”
A: “Well we are telling you there is an outage”
Q: “Do you realize that I CALLED BECAUSE HERE IS AN OUTAGE? Tell me stuff I don’t already know!”
A: “We don’t have more information”
Q: “So… you are telling me you cant fix it tonight… that you don’t know why… and that you don’t have an ETA of WHEN WILL THOS BE FIXED?!”
A: “I’m sorry sir…”

SONIC CEO: Plz tell us exactly what and why is this happening. With details please, B.S. explanations only make us wonder why anyone would lie about this.

Thanks.
Either Sonic doesn't have Technicians working off hours, or their Techs don't have the knowledge to fix the problem.
by ec » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:54 am
I'm sorry we took so long to communicate regarding this. PG&E repaired the pole overnight, and our folks are onsite now repairing the damaged backbone strand.

ETR is 6pm this afternoon, 3/11.

Thank you,

- Eli
- Eli Caul

Director of Customer Care
Sonic.net, Inc
by chrismentzel » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:54 am
Thanks for the update! Communication goes a long way during long outages like this. Not Sonic’s fault a car crashed into a utility pole! But after hours comms would have been good and and that is in your hands.
by ec » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:36 pm
I totally agree - This event is going to spark a lot of action this week to make sure our response is more timely and clear going forward.

Thank you!

- Eli
- Eli Caul

Director of Customer Care
Sonic.net, Inc
11 posts Page 1 of 2