Email only account cost?

General discussions and other topics.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
by ppappas » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:01 pm
I am a 20+ year Sonic customer who is losing my service because my resold AT&T DSL service is being discontinued and Sonic can no longer service my address. I want to keep my email accounts and I know Sonic provides this for customers like myself, but I can't find anywhere on the web site for the cost. I know they are priced for blocks of 4 mailboxes, but I can't find that info anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated.
by dane » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:30 pm
Our support or billing teams can help with the reduction in services to the email only. Pricing is $6 (not $4) for each block of four email boxes.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ppappas » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:10 am
Then we need to have a talk with your billing department because they are charging me $18 instead of $8.
by dane » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:32 am
Do drop them a note then, billing@sonic.net can assist with info. Some customers retain our Basic Internet product for example, which includes features like VPN and a personal website in addition to email boxes. Maybe that’s how you’re set up. If so, they can assist with any changes you’d like to make.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ppappas » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:44 am
Thanks Dane, I have sent them an email. When your service manager called me to give the bad news about my DSL (after it had been not working for two months) he told me I would be on email only going forward. Maybe there was a miscommunication with billing.
by dane » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:24 am
I'm sure they can assist in getting you sorted out! And I hope that you've found another connectivity solution that's more viable at your location.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:18 pm
Actually, I misspoke - pricing went up some years ago. It’s now $6 per group of four. Sorry for the confusion!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ppappas » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:09 pm
Yes, billing informed me of that :(
by annehill » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:33 pm
Is there any way to increase the quota in an email-only account? I too have been a Sonic customer for 20+ years, had to change DSL service when I moved, but still kept (and actively use) my sonic email account.

I used to use POP until about 8 years ago, then switched to IMAP because I was using both laptop and desktop machines and wanted to keep all my work email in sync. But now I've gotten a "disc quota usage" warning email--the 2nd time in a couple months. The first time I got the notice, I went through and deleted attachments to emails, deleted emails where/when I could, etc. I cut the quota size by half or more. I'm mystified as to how I hit that limit again so soon.

Really what I'd like to do is pay a little extra for more storage. Is this possible?

I have other email addresses through a different hosting service, but Sonic has superior spam control abilities. What is possible here?

Thanks,
Anne
by dane » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:57 pm
There are extra charges for more storage, but it’s very costly. Goal is to reduce use. If your email client support it, sort messages by size and look for huge ones. And make sure you empty deleted messages, some clients just put them in another folder at least for a while.

Storage allowances are increasing and prices for overages are decreasing here over time, but reducing use is a good idea.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
14 posts Page 1 of 2