Caring for our shared environment

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by mielandthad » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:11 pm
Howdy,

I pulled into my driveway about an hour ago, and next to my driveway was a Sonic truck, idling; two guys were in it, windows down. I walked up and greeted them, and proffered a card I present to folks idling their engines, which reads:

An idling engine = a hotter world for your kids & mine.
And their kids ...
and their kids ...
and their kids ...
and their kids ...
and their kids ...
and their kids ...
(spread the word).
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children."—Chief Sealth

Imagine my surprise when, ten minutes later, I glanced out the window and saw it still sitting there, still idling, windows still down. Clearly they weren't cold.

With a billion cars and light trucks on this planet, it is in all our best interests to not mindlessly idle vehicles; if one isn't aware of the current climate catastrophe, one isn't paying attention or is willfully ignorant. Sonic has an opportunity to make this very basic level of mindfulness a part of its training of field crews. It's good for our world, and good for Sonic's bottom line. (It'll decrease Sonic's fuel bill, at the very least....)

Thad Louviere
Petaluma
by ngufra » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:34 pm
Did you take a picture and/or can report time and location so sonic corporate can tell them off?
2 posts Page 1 of 1