Ending DSL Service BUT Still Billing - GREAT business ethics

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by jesslstvns » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:12 am
Sonic, I fell for the "we're nice guys, trust us" spiel.

You claim to be all customer oriented and a change from the other BIG faceless corporations but your business ethics have a lot to be desired.

You ended Legacy DSL Service on June 15, 2022.

BUT on May 22, 2022, you automatically billed my account for the full month of June - so you billed me for June 16 through June 30 when you were NOT providing DSL service. Are you incapable of adjusting your computer systems to account for an end of providing service?

I missed that email and paid for the full month of June. You reached into my account and got my money.

Now I get an email with a Billing Notice for July 1 through July 31 for DSL. Salt in the wound. Where you going to continue billing me and taking my money till I noticed and complained?

I know, you forgot...or you overlooked that part of cancelling service, the part about billing people forever.

How many other people have you improperly billed for service you cancelled? I am sure I am not the only one. I know billing systems, I run a tech company, and I know this is either willful or laziness. Please, I don't want any "We're Sorry for the inconvenience" stuff. I thought I had found an ethical company. I guess everyone has a bit of larceny in them.
by jtb256 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:29 am
Hi Jess, we are currently in the process of shutting down active services. We are prorating the billing so you are effectively only charged for the days the service is active. You can expect to receive a notification with your last effective service and billing date indicated. Since service is pre-paid any charges past that date will be refunded back to you.

We know it's not the smoothest process but we assure you will not be charged for any time you did not have service. I'm sorry this was so confusing, we should have communicated the process better in the notices.
John Benz
Director of Product Management
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1