Installation cancelled at short notice

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by teerex » Wed May 04, 2022 9:35 am
I ordered new Sonic service on the 29th of March and had an installation scheduled for May 2nd. Got reminders regularly confirming the install. appt. up until that very day, but Sonic cancelled the day before citing some BS about not being able to get permission from the City of San Francisco. I've spent the last 3 days calling every agency and district supervisor in SF and they have ZERO problems with it. They do NOT require permission. It's some internal BS from Sonic that refuses to install to my address.

I wouldn't have given notice at my current office and taken a lease on my new office if I'd known I could not get internet service there. The movers come Friday and I will not be able to conduct my business next week.

I consider this some kind of fraud where they sign you up and claim to provide a service and then cancel and and tell you they have no dates for the install. Not just that the cancelled or postponed, they have NO idea when an installation could happen.

The poor sales people at Sonic are being given the runaround and are left to deal with irate customers like me. (Well, former customers).
by syntaxsid1 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:59 am
Hello,

We sincerely apologize for the lack of information surrounding this. We are looking into this now to see if there is a miscommunication. We absolutely want to install every customer possible. If the city of San Francisco tells us we don't have permission, it's out of our control. The fact that the city then claimed they said no such thing or there is no restriction here absolutely raises questions for us as well. We will investigate this and contact you if we find any new information on this. Sorry for the trouble.

Kind Regards,

Jeff - CES
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by teerex » Wed May 04, 2022 11:41 am
Thank you, Jeff. Looks like the issue might be resolved. Looking forward to the installation on Monday morning.

- tom
3 posts Page 1 of 1