Messed up install schedule, cancelled

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by cebulove » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:44 pm
I had appointment for 10-12 AM installation today. I had repeated texts this morning to remind me. At 12:34 PM, I received text “Your field technician is on the way for your 10am - 2pm visit!” At 1:07 PM, I received a call from installer telling me he’s an hour away. I called him and he’s in San Francisco driving down (at least 18 miles away), that would make his arrival time past 2 PM. Installation would take at least 1 1/2 hours, he said. I said it’s very bad timing/scheduling especially with the misleading text at 12:34 PM, so I canceled. He said usually SONIC would assign someone in the same town / area. So he suggested rescheduling and for dispatcher to call me. I called back dispatcher and re scheduled for a first-of-day appointment.

I suspect the one originally intended at 12:34 pm was switched and replaced. Either way, I’m very disappointed as I had to fly back in yesterday for today’s appointment. Now I’m re-scheduled for 8AM -12 noon on Sunday and I asked for first appointment just to ensure no-repeat of today’s bad scheduling.

I’ll use free first 2 months under advisement / observation as to quality of SONIC wifi and service while retaining current service. With today’s scheduling miscue, I’m not really sure. I suppose we’ll see. So far, I’m not really impressed.
by brandonc » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:11 am
Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear that we missed your install appointment. While it does unfortunately happen sometimes with our resold AT&T services, it's extremely rare for that to happen with our Sonic technicians. There most likely was an odd situation, like you were saying, that required a replacement tech and the only one we had available was in SF.

In any case, that shouldn't happen again. I'll reach back out after your installation on Sunday to check in and follow up on things!

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by brandonc » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:04 am
Hey Raoul,

Sorry I'm a bit late following up, but I did see that your installation was completed on Sunday. If you have any feedback for how the installation went, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by teerex » Wed May 04, 2022 9:25 am
That's nothing! I ordered new Sonic service on the 29th of March and had an installation scheduled for May 2nd. Got reminders regularly confirming the install. appt. up until that very day, but Sonic cancelled the day before citing some BS about not being able to get permission from the City of San Francisco. I've spent the last 3 days calling every agency and district supervisor in SF and they have ZERO problems with it. They do NOT require permission. It's some internal BS from Sonic that refuses to install to my address.

I wouldn't have given notice at my current office and taken a lease on my new office if I'd known I could not get internet service there. The movers come Friday and I will not be able to conduct my business next week.

I consider this some kind of fraud where they sign you up and claim to provide a service and then cancel and and tell you they have no dates for the install. The poor sales people at Sonic are being given the runaround and are left to deal with irate customers like me. (Well, former customers).
4 posts Page 1 of 1