I suggested Sonic to a friend, and the installer never made it there...

General discussions and other topics.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by tbessie » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:13 pm
So I've been a Sonic customer for many years (more recently switched to MonkeyBrains for my actual connection since I'm very far from the CO and we don't yet have fiber here; will switch back once Sonic puts fiber near me. I still have other services from Sonic).

Anyway, I always recommend Sonic to friends looking for new service.

One of my best friends recently moved to a location where there was Sonic fiber. She arranged an install, chose an 8-noon installation window, and waited at home during that time.

Apparently, the installer never showed up, and Sonic support said they were on another install (despite my friend having been assured she was the first customer of the day for that installer, which is why she chose that timeslot). Noon passed by, and they still hadn't shown up, and my friend ended up rescheduling for another day.

EDIT: She just told me that she got an email at 7:30am on the installation day, saying the installer was on their way, but as of 1pm nobody had shown up.

I suggested she ask for a free month for the installer missing their install window (and my friend has a VERY tight schedule, so hanging around half a day at home is difficult for her). She did, and Sonic offered her a free 2 weeks.

I feel bad that I recommended Sonic given the installer wasn't there when they were supposed to be, and my friend's dissatisfaction with her initial Sonic experience.

Is there anything that can be done to give her a free month instead of 2 weeks, or at least to find out what went wrong with scheduling that the installer couldn't make their install window?

- Tim
by jerrielm » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:12 am
Hello!

I am sorry to hear that the installer was not able to meet their window. Was your friend installed that day ? Can you DM me your friends address so I can take a look and see what happened. Thanks!

Best Wishes!
by tbessie » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:03 pm
Sure, I'll DM you. They were not installed on the day they were supposed to, but they were on the day they rescheduled to.

- Tim
by dane » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:19 pm
I wonder if the installer was in a vehicle accident. Clearly, not a typical situation that we no-show! Very sorry for that.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by tbessie » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:41 pm
dane wrote:I wonder if the installer was in a vehicle accident. Clearly, not a typical situation that we no-show! Very sorry for that.
Hmm, I didn't think of that, Dane - could be! I'll PM with jerrielm and we'll figure out what happened.

- Tim
by tbessie » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:50 pm
jerrielm wrote:Hello!

I am sorry to hear that the installer was not able to meet their window. Was your friend installed that day ? Can you DM me your friends address so I can take a look and see what happened. Thanks!

Best Wishes!
Hi again @jerrielm - I'm trying to send you a PM, but it stays in the Outbox, never goes to "Sent Messages".

Does the PM system not work correctly for me?

- Tim
by jerrielm » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:45 am
tbessie wrote:

Best Wishes!
Hi again @jerrielm - I'm trying to send you a PM, but it stays in the Outbox, never goes to "Sent Messages".

- Tim
Hello! It seems that your friend was able to reach our Billing department and was set up with a credit that they were happy with! It seems like they are all installed as well! Thank you again for bring this up to our attention.
by tbessie » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:33 am
jerrielm wrote:
tbessie wrote:

Best Wishes!

- Tim
Hello! It seems that your friend was able to reach our Billing department and was set up with a credit that they were happy with! It seems like they are all installed as well! Thank you again for bring this up to our attention.
@jerrielm Well, as I mentioned, my friend told me they offered a 2 week credit, but she wasn't really satisfied with that, and thought a 1 month credit would be more appropriate. I don't know what her interaction with Billing was like, but she told me she wasn't satisfied with the two weeks. :-/

- Tim
by ngufra » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:03 am
Sonic is not expensive enough so a two week credit is not valuable enough :-)
by tbessie » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:10 am
ngufra wrote:Sonic is not expensive enough so a two week credit is not valuable enough :-)
Hey, I'm just the messenger.

- Tim
10 posts Page 1 of 1