Sonic.net Email IMAP Email Issues With Office 365 Outlook On Windows 11

General discussions and other topics.
1 post Page 1 of 1
by kel656 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:41 pm
Hi there,

If anyone has issues syncing their Sonic.net email address with Office 365 Outlook on Windows 11, I may have a fix that may work for you. Go to file in Outlook and select add new account if not prompted to add one at startup and then when prompted for your Email address click the blue link at the bottom labeled Advanced Options. Make sure the box let me set up my account manually is checked, then put your Sonic.net Email Address in the box above and click on the big connect button. Next, the advanced setup screen will appear. On that screen select IMAP. On the next screen that appears put in the Incoming Mail server address imap.sonic.net and be sure to use the non-SSL port number of 143 as Outlook seems to be having issues with the version of SSL sonic.net is using, and be sure to change the encryption method dropdown to Auto. For the Outgoing Mail server address input mail.sonic.net and then use the non-SSL port number of 587 and make sure the encryption method dropdown is set to auto as was done with the Incoming Mail server. Then click the next button. On the next screen input the password for your Sonic.net Email account and click the connect button. After a few moments, you will be taken to a final screen that says account successfully added. On that screen uncheck set up Outlook on my mobile phone too and then click the done button. That is it, your Sonic.net email address is now set up to sync with Office 365 Outlook on Windows 11. A couple of side notes is that outlook will send a test message to your Sonic.net inbox and you can delete it once received, and also it may take up to 15 Minutes to fully sync your Sonic.net Email with Outlook after adding it depending on how many emails you have in your account and if any of them have larger attachments associated with them and your internet bandwidth. Hope this was helpful to someone. If it was, please leave a comment.
1 post Page 1 of 1