General discussions and other topics.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
by dane » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:06 am
Sure - sorry I don’t know the answer!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by frankbh » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:44 pm
Hello, enoch -
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 (and four Galaxies before it) and know from my own use and helping friends that its settings go deep. Usually the default is that it makes a notification and you have to dig into it to prevent the notification, but your case may be the opposite.
If you want me to look at your phone with you, we can do a Google Duo video call and you can share your phone screen. Maybe together we can find the setting that will allow the notification. Reply or PM me (and hope I see that notification!) if you want to try that.
I agree with Dane that the problem is not at Sonic's end.
- Frank
by enoch » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:08 pm
Yes, I've been testing a bit and it certainly is NOT Sonic.net mailservers. As you said the higher-end Samsung mobile devices have a rabbit-warren of notification settings. Somehow this S21Ultra5G is just got some setting where my Sonic.net email isn't being displayed for any notifications. I've tried a bunch of settings with mixed results, but nothing for sure yet.

If you wouldn't mind assisting, that would be awesome, as I am this close to returning this phone as I do not Icon notifications at all. I have a pretty open schedule these days and just got home from long training session on Oahu. I am unfamiliar with mobile screen sharing though, but am tech savy.

Thanks!
by ngufra » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:15 am
Using aqua mail on pixel 4 /android 12 and notifications work as expected when receiving new email.
(not using sonic mail but another mail server accessed as IMAP)
Outlook also works as expected
Is it possible you disabled email notification one day and now need to figure out how to enable them again?
by frankbh » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:48 am
enoch - I sent you a PM
-Frank
15 posts Page 2 of 2