ATT sponsored Texas anti-abortion law. You need to dissociate from ATT

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by caffreyc1945 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:25 am
Where I live we have to use ATT lines. It has bothered me for years, especially when I found out that the equipment that controls the ATT lines coming into my mobile home park (Brookwood Park) are so old that they are having constant problems and that ATT will not update the equipment. Sonic subscribers here have been waiting YEARS for your non-att lines.

Now I find that the money I'm paying may go at last partly to ATT. This makes me sick. Please do what you can to disconnect Sonic from ATT and any other organization that supports this insane law. Thousands of women are going to die3and thousands of unwanted children will be born because of it. Do you really want to be associated with a company who sponsors this? and which supports a law that could undermine the Constitution and allow future laws that would allow any citizen to sue any company just like the Nazis? This is so disgusting and terrifying I can barely write about it without vomiting

You say you are transparent. But there was absolutely no way to me to contact the two key owners/managers directly and the only way to submit a complaint was via a forum This is NOT TRANSPARENT.

Cathleen Caffrey
by jerrielm » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:17 am
Hello,

You can reach our CEO Dane Jasper a Dane.Jasper@sonic.com . The short answer is that we are working towards moving away from AT&T but that is a long process. We are needing to build out our own Fiber services before being able to move away from AT&T. We thank you for your support and hopefully this will be something we can do in the near future.

Best Wishes!
by andsonic » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:38 pm
Here's the real world problem with trying to boycott AT&T:
Most addresses are accessible by wired internet by only two ways. One is AT&T's legacy phone network, the other is Comcast cable.
Some lucky addresses also get AT&T or Sonic Fiber.
AT&T is required by law to resell access to their legacy network. Sonic & other providers purchase that access.

At my address, that leaves 2 bad choices. Either AT&T's legacy network, or Comcast.
I will not do business with Comcast (predatory practices). I do what's best for me. I'm a Sonic customer on AT&T's network.

If Sonic stopped doing business with AT&T, they would be unable to service a significant amount of their customers. It's probably fatal for them to sever a link with them now.
Maybe someday enough of the Fiber network will be up to allow Sonic to be fully independent
3 posts Page 1 of 1