Any discounts available?

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by bruharris » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:01 pm
Sonic now charges new customers significantly less than current customers, due to a really poor negotiation they did with AT&T. So I was wondering if Sonic had, or would at some point consider, some other discounts for current customers. I'd be interested in knowing if Sonic offered either a senior discount or a military/veteran discount. And if not, would they consider one in the future to ease the pain of having to pay more than newbies?
by sonicnetsev » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:10 pm
Does anyone know how long one does not have to be with Sonic to be considered a 'new customer'?
by syntaxsid1 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:59 pm
Hello,

The only discount we offer is the new customer discount. It is discounted so new customers can "try" the service for less than the full price to see if it meets their needs. All customers are offered this in the beginning. Even after the discount expires and the rate goes to our regular one, it is STILL cheaper than the other service providers even without the discount. We don't offer discounts once the introductory one expires because our regular rate is already as low as you can go. Which is still less than the other provider's regular base rate. The only exception is when we have to use AT&T's infrastructure in a given area. When we have to use AT&T's line to bring service to our customers, they have a price markup that is unfortunately not controlled by us so this may end up more expensive than say, AT&T directly. Once we have our own proprietary Fiber in an area, we offer this "Sonic direct" service and cut the middleman (and their price markup) out of the picture entirely.

Remember that we are one of the only (if not THE only) internet service provider that offers unlimited data when the other guys are still instituting a "monthly data cap". If you go over your monthly allowance, you are then billed more for additional data. You should also factor in this as well. They may offer a cheaper monthly price but if you go over you data allotment, your bill could go up substantially. When shopping around, you always want to ask your potential provider "What is my regular rate after all introductory discounts expire?" You may be surprised at the answer. Don't take our word for it though, absolutely check into this yourself. I hope this information helps.

Kind Regards,
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by dane » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:30 pm
Related to this, I made a post here a long time ago about why we don’t offer “re-rates”, like most carriers do. Can anyone find and link to that? It might provide some additional context on how we think about pricing.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by amayfield » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:35 pm
Yeah I think it was this thread Dane - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13730&p=54222&hilit#p50461
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1