Cancellation Ripoff?

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by squinned » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:24 am
I attempted to cancel my account, and was told I would need to pay over an entire extra month AFTER cancellation due to Sonics billing cycle, which seems more than a little but sleezy and dishonest. I cant cite a single company that wouldn't prorate the rest of July considering the service is cancelled. During this process, I received nothing but prewritten non-personal responses, despite specifically requesting to not get robotic answers. AWFUL customer experience.

(UPDATE)
After requesting to speak to a manager (for context, I do customer service and hate asking that), Sonic came round and cancelled effective immediately and agreed to refund my card. A win in the end.. But something like this should be automatic, and not need to be a battle.
by dct » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:22 pm
Hi Squinned,

We utilize month to month billing cycles, much like other utilities or subscription services. For certain services, such as IPBB, it takes 30 days for a disconnect to be processed, and ask that customers plan ahead and call us in advance of cancellation. I'm sorry that this came as a shock, as our goal isn't to be sleezy or dishonest, but to take the pro-rates, refunds, credits, and other calculus out of billing. I'm glad we were able to help in this situation, but if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1