Voice taxes and fees when using only Internet

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by spddemon19 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:55 pm
Hi -

I just received my first Sonic bill after switching from Comcast. I was told initially that my bill would be the same as my Xfinity Comcast monthly bill of $39.99 and I found out today that was not true as my bill is actually $55.12.

It sounds like after speaking with billing that Sonic passes through Voice taxes and fees regardless of whether you use or want Voice access. The taxes were 37% or $15 of my total expected monthly cost of $39.99 (net of the one year $10 promotional discount).

I was disappointed with Sonic first due to not explicitly disclosing this upfront, and second, given I don’t even want or need the Voice offering. They state it’s not an option to de-bundle it, but it seems like something that should be high priority to fix so they can market their “competitive” pricing on a level playing field to Xfinity Comcast.

Thank you,
Ryan
by ngufra » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:01 pm
Please search the forums before posting a new entry: you will find Dane explaining the reasoning of not offering internet without voice.

-Francois
by cmeisel » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:47 pm
I wish there was a way for Sonic to separate the two and then raise the prices for Fiber without phone by $30. I am so sick of this whining. There are people in the US (majority) that pay hundred for crappy cellular Internet (only option), of enjoying terrible upload speeds and no data privacy (comcast). You guys all pay around $70 per month for the fastest internet with no caps and a free phone that even comes with free worldwide calls, a free Fax, VPN, web hosting, etc and all people do is complain and complain
by syntaxsid1 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:20 am
Hello spddemon19,

We apologize for the confusion about this. When anyone signs up for our service, we do inform our customers up front about this to ensure they know this is the case. Since you signed yourself up online, there was no opportunity for our sales team to inform and discuss this with you. The information is on our website here under Fiber FAQs:

https://help.sonic.com/hc/en-us/article ... -Fiber-FAQ

I have highlighted the section in yellow in the attachment below. I apologize if you feel deceived about this as this is never our intention. I hope this information helps. Have a good day.

Kind Regards,

Jeff M.

Attachments

Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1