GOAL: I want like to access all the files on a USB drive over the router's wifi network; to read & write to them like a network drive.
- The usb drive is plugged to the USB port directly (no hubs).
- The drives DO populate in the list at the router settings page (192.168.42.1/admin, advanced setup -> storage service)...
- BUT “Unknown” format and “zero space" values make me wonder if something isn’t right -- see Storage Device info screenshot. The drive is NTFS formatted. See screen captures at bottom
- I then enter the router’s address (192.168.42.1) into Windows Explorer Address bar, but the drive is not visible, only a "public" folder.
- I successfully copy files to ‘\\192.168.42.1\public’ but these files do not appear on the USB drive when i connect the drive t my laptop and disappear when the router connection is lost or reset.
- How can I resolve the “unknown” format?
- How do I make the contents of the drive appear through the network?
- When I copy files to `\\192.168.42.1\public\disk0_1_share' they cannot be found on the USB drive when I connect them to the laptop. Also, they connection to the router resets (and files disappear) when about 140mb are coppied to the directory. Why?
Board ID: 963168_OT142C_B
Symmetric CPU Threads: 2
Build Timestamp: 180626_1232
Software Version: 184.108.40.206
Configuration File Origin: Sonic
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.38-118.3
DSL PHY and Driver Version: A2pv6F039x5.d26u
Wireless Driver Version: 220.127.116.11.cpe4.16L05.0-kdb
Uptime: 0D 0H 18M 31S
System Base MAC Address: 3c***
Serial Number: SR515AA***