Please provide installation timeframes for new users!!!

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by thischarlesw » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:02 am
I am moving tomorrow and will be without internet at my new address for the next 9-14 days! I was only given that timeframe AFTER I signed on with Sonic.

I was price shopping the week before and decided to wait until today because I didn't want to pay for internet I wasn't using. I will now still be paying for internet I am not using except this time I need it...

I would have purchased Sonic then if I had known it would take this long to actually get internet into my apartment.
by syntaxsid1 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:24 am
Hello,

We apologize for the trouble with this. We do have some information on how long it would take to get installed on our website as you are signing up. If the service you sign up for is our own proprietary service (no AT&T involvement) the order to install typically is around 3-5 days. With the resold AT&T service, this has to go through them, so this extends this time frame out quite a bit since since they need to process your order, then schedule a technician to come out and do the work. Due to the Pandemic and the California wild fires, it has been very busy and appointments are booked for longer out than usual. We apologize for this inconvenience but I hope this information helps. Have a good day.

Kind Regards,

JM
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1