Webmail, filtering and browser notifications

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by duigou » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:29 pm
I have filtering rules set up to send mailing lists to a seprate mailbox so that they don't clutter up my inbox. I still get a notification in the browser for every email. I filed a bug against roundcube notification plugin (https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/7890) but they indicated that the problem is likely at my end, that the plugin is configured as "check_all_folders=true" which sends a notification for a new email anywhere rather than just the current mailbox/folder. Checking only the current folder would probably be more efficient too. Any chance that the notification plugin configuration could be adjusted?
by drew.phillips » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:50 am
This might be an issue between plugins. The filtering capability is not part of Roundcube and is provided by the filters plugin. I think the filter rules end up running after the message has appeared in the inbox briefly and then it gets moved after the notification has happened.

By default we have "check_all_folders" turned off which you can confirm by going to Settings >> Mailbox View and confirming that "Check all folders for new messages" is unchecked.

Is the check all folders option disabled on your account?
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
2 posts Page 1 of 1