Webmail Server Errors

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by ezekielk » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:37 am
The past few days I've been getting server errors via my Sonic Webmail server:

"Connection error, failed to reach the server."

This has made reading and posting email somewhat difficult, and time wasting. Hopefully, this error will soon be resolved...and I thought to report the problem, in case the administrator wasn't aware. TIA.

Could this possibly be a glitch coming out of spell-check, which I activated just a few weeks or so ago?
Brindlekin Tales (or "Flaco & Lucky: a Tale of Two Doggies")
http://zekeblog.wordpress.com/brindlekin-tales/

by tony.b » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:48 am
Hi there,
I wanted to reach out and say that I am sorry you are experiencing these server issues via the email service.
I was wondering if you could help me better understand the situation:
What email service are you using? (Sonic Webmail, Apple Mail, Outlook, etc)
Is the error message only showing up when you are trying to send emails? When you sign in immediately? Or when trying to download new emails?
Are you having any issues with getting on the internet via a browser (Firefox, chrome, safari) when you are seeing these error messages? Or is it just the email service that is not working properly?
Thank you for any additional information that you can think of, this is a strange circumstance and so I want to help get to the bottom of your issues.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Tony Sonic Supervisor
by ezekielk » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:17 am
tony.b wrote:What email service are you using? (Sonic Webmail, Apple Mail, Outlook, etc)
I already said what service I'm using, in my first post.
Is the error message only showing up when you are trying to send emails? When you sign in immediately? Or when trying to download new emails?
The problem seems to have cleared up these past few days, so I can't repeat when it happens, to tell you.
Are you having any issues with getting on the internet via a browser (Firefox, chrome, safari) when you are seeing these error messages?
Nope, no problems at all.
Or is it just the email service that is not working properly?
Right.
Thank you for any additional information that you can think of, this is a strange circumstance and so I want to help get to the bottom of your issues.
I don't think it's strange at all. Roundcube is an outdated webmail program, whose spellcheck is pure crap. It highlights correctly spelled words just because there's a question mark appended to it, because it's the last word of a question. And when I click on "okay" to include a word in the spellcheck database, it doesn't get saved, so that same word gets highlighted over and over again. My hunch is that activating the spellcheck option causes glitches...so I just might turn it off. It only serves as a reminder to check my spelling before sending off, because its actual ability to check words sucks.

No need to continue this thread.
3 posts Page 1 of 1