wifi calling

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by badagliacca » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 pm
Can't get wifii calling to work reliably. Generally works at away from hoe. using adsl from sonic
by brandonc » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:20 pm
I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to use WiFi calling on the Sonic network, it definitely should work.

I checked your lines connection from our end and I don't see anything that should prevent you from doing so. When you try to call out while connected on the Sonic WiFi, does the call try to ring at all or does the call fail instantly?

If it's failing instantly, then I would check to see how strong of a WiFi signal you're receiving and if it's really low, then that could be the problem. If it has full strength, but is not working, then I would suggest testing from another device to see if WiFi calling works on other devices. If it's strangely just that single device having the issue with your Sonic network, then I would try rebooting both the modem and your device, then test once more.

If you're still experiencing issues, let us know!
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by badagliacca » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:38 pm
Thank you for your reply. The problem persists erratically. Once WiFi calling is enabled on my device, it usually remains enabled and gives reliable calling. I do not believe it is a function of WiFi strength as I have tried various WiFi routers, including Sonic supplied Pace router with signals as strong as -35dbm [2.4 GHZ]. I usually, but not,always, can get WiFi calling established by cycling airplane mode on my phone. When I go to other WiFi environments, I always automatically get WiFi calling. I seem to remember this not being a problem until about 2-3 years ago.I am at the point of considering changing to cable internet as my Sonic internet seems to be the only internet connection which does not give solid WiFi calling.
3 posts Page 1 of 1