Eero Questions

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by wagrimes » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:57 pm
I gave up on Eero 6 Pro and went back to the earlier version (Eero 5?) and everything is now OK. Any indication when Eero will get their software problems fixed? How will we know?

Also, I noticed that large chunks of data are being sent to Eero a few times a day in the 4-6 MB size range. Any idea what these are? I can block them but would prefer to understand first.
by jerrielm » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:44 pm
Hello!

The Data that is sent back from the eero is just collection data on possible issues that the WiFi network could have. It is not send back any type of personal data or things that you look up. (If that was the case we would quickly move away from eero)

I am not sure when their software. I assume they are working as quickly as possible to get an update out. I would hit up their support team to get more information on that.

Best Wishes!
by dane » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:59 pm
The Eero also does a periodic speed test, which will be a pretty good-sized chuck of data downloaded and uploaded. You can see the results of it's speed testing of your connection in the mobile app.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1