Dark theme for Webmail?

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by duigou » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:33 am
Is there any chance that a "night-time" theme could be created for webmail that isn't so bright? An increasing number of apps and sites now support the prefers-color-scheme CSS for automatic switching to a dark theme and it would be great if Sonic Webmail was one of them! A user switchable dark theme would almost certainly appeal to some users but my wish would be for automatic (configurable of course) theme switching when the browser or OS switches to dark mode.
by brandonc » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:30 pm
That's a great suggestion and I'll definitely bring that up to our software engineer folks to see if that's something we can implement soon.

As a work around for the meantime, you could use a dark mode browser extension to achieve the same effect. Personally I use one on Google Chrome called, "Dark Reader", and it will automatically switch all websites to dark mode. It also allows for manual configuration, so you can choose to disable/enable it for specific websites.

There's a bunch of other Dark Mode extensions with different looks/finishes as well, so you can have some fun with it.

Unfortunately, this depends on if your browser allows for extensions and may be limited choices if it's a browser other than Chrome, so hopefully the website based toggle is something we can add in the near future.
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by enoch » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:25 pm
Thanks for the Dark Reader extension suggestion! This is awesome!
by poetics » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:33 am
Roundcube formally implemented a dark mode in its webmail software in version 1.5, released On October 18th, 2021.

Surely the modifications Sonic has made to its own instance can be forward-ported to a more recent version of the software?
4 posts Page 1 of 1