autopay implementation

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by brucelew » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:10 pm
I just had a conversation with the billing dept about the founders of this ISP and that they are looking to implement a total autopay for the service using only one credit card/debit card on file.

I personally have a problem with the above idea because I need to use any card that actually has money on it. The decision makers at sonic shouldn't need to worry about about how or where their money's coming from. For crying out loud, we're still here.

I don't have the "magic words" to say this: Don't do the above. Keep it flexible for those that try to stay current, even before covid.

Thanks.
by jcblueeyes » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:23 am
I agree and also have a problem with my credit card info being on file given the frequency with which companies get hacked and credit card info being stolen.

Why not implement Paypal payments as well, that way no credit card info is stored on their servers.
by amayfield » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:01 am
We don't have Paypal integration plans for anytime soon but there is the option to set up ACH if that is preferable to a credit card on file.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by dane » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:14 pm
You can change the card on file easily yourself in the member tools, at any time. Some folks even use prepaid debit cards. But a uniform automated process is key on our side.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1