Auto Pop Email From AT&T.net To Sonic.net Email

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by kel656 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:57 pm
Hi there,

I seem to be having trouble getting my old email account at AT&T to move over to sonic.net email. I am trying to use the auto pop feature from sonic.net member tools but I can't seem to get it to work. The pop server settings I used is outbound.att.net with the SMTP server port set to 465 which was provided to me at AT&T's support site for POP3 Connections to their email servers powered by Yahoo Mail. Since their Email is powered by Yahoo Mail, I also tried this server address supplied at Yahoo Mail's support site for POP3 Connections smtp.mail.yahoo.com with a SMTP server port set to 587 and the auto pop feature liked either set of server settings with no trouble there but then proceeds to tell me that this feature is unavailable at this time and to please try again later. The error happens no matter if I use the Yahoo Mail or AT&T supplied settings. I have tried several times now on several different days for the past 2 weeks on two separate Windows 10 Laptops and One Android 9.0 Pie smartphone all running the latest Google Chrome and receive the same error each time. I have called tech support for sonic.net 3 different times now and have not been able to get the issue resolved. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?
by apl » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:27 pm
SMTP is for sending mail, not for getting your mail.
It looks like you probably want inbound.att.net and port 995.

https://www.att.com/support/article/ema ... r%20587%20
by kel656 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:44 pm
I tried inbound.att.net with port 995 but it said the server settings were incorrect.
3 posts Page 1 of 1