Cannot download anything from google drive

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by gerardg » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:34 am
When I tried to download a folder, the server produces the zipped file, a small process box appears at the bottom right of the screen. Once the zipping process completes, that box closes and no pop up appears. There's nothing on my desktop anywhere. Any ideas?

imac, catalina, 10.15.7
by brandonc » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:10 pm
I just downloaded a folder on Google Drive myself to see what should normally happen. After the zipping completed on Google Drive, it automatically save the compressed zip file to my Download folder by default. It could be that the browser you're using just isn't popping up a download notification? I would try looking through your computer's Download folder and see if your zip files are in there. If not, then try checking other folders to make sure it wasn't stored in a weird folder by mistake.

If you can't find the files anywhere, then Google Drive might be having some kind of error and isn't actually downloading the files after zipping them. In that case, perhaps try another browser.
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by gerardg » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:52 pm
I finally fix this problem by allowing cookies
by briancw » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:45 pm
Hi Gerardg,

We're glad you got that sorted. It makes sense that Google would require cookies to run properly. Though I'd say we all do.

If there is anything else we can help with please don't hesitate to reach out.
Brian W
Construction Application Processor
Sonic
by ngufra » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:00 am
I run better with cookies too!
5 posts Page 1 of 1