Webmail slow to open messages

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by virtualmike » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:23 am
Hi,

Perhaps fallout from last night's migration, but I've noticed that opening messages when using webmail is very slow.

Loading webmail itself is as fast as ever, but when I double-click on a message, it takes more than five seconds to open it. Oddly, that marks the message as read (my settings specify "mark as read" when message has been open for more than five seconds), which I infer as the message opens on the back end as soon as I double-click, but it's taking longer than five seconds to display the message to me. ...thanks!
by tony.b » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:34 am
Hi there,
I am sorry that you are experiencing these issues with the webmail service lately. It seems like a strange issue that is happening. I was wondering if you could help me better understand the issue, are you using a different browser recently, or have you recently changed any of the settings within your webmail? I understand that the webmail is working properly but just that when you click on an email itself it takes longer to open the email, and then it is marking the email as read before it opens?
The first thing we would want to try is clearing the cache by pressing Control and F5 at the same time while the browser is open, and completely restarting your browser (closing it down completely, quitting out if needed and restarting it) then re-opening the webmail site, and checking to see if the issue is still persisting. The second thing we would want to try is opening webmail and signing in on a Different browswer (firefox, safari, internet explorer, opera) and seeing if the issues are still happening on that browser.
Thank you for reaching out with this strange issue, and I hope together we can get to the bottom of it!
Tony Sonic Supervisor
by virtualmike » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:34 pm
Hi, Tony,

I haven't changed anything at this end. I just checked some messages through webmail, and messages are opening normally now, so perhaps it was just a transient issue one one of the servers in the chain. ...thanks! -mk
by jacob.karinen » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:17 am
Hey Virtualmike,

It was an issue on our end that was worked and resolved sometime yesterday. Good to hear it's back to working normally on your end as well. If you run into any issues please let us know!
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by virtualmike » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:37 pm
Thanks, Jacob! I figured it was something like that... :-)
5 posts Page 1 of 1