Fiber activation appointment necessary with existing ONT?

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by verne.smith » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:13 am
Hi there - we're closing on a house next week and I have Sonic fiber service lined up for activation. Unfortunately there's a few weeks before the first available activation appointment, but the previous owners had Sonic fiber and when we did our pre-close inspection yesterday, I confirmed the Sonic-branded ONT and fiber line is still in place. The previous owners also installed a juicy Unifi system throughout the house, so I'm not taking the rented gateway.

Assuming once we get in there we find the power supply for the ONT etc, is a physical activation appointment still necessary in that case, or is there a remote activation option? Thanks in advance for the info :)
by dane » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:32 am
If the ONT has power and is connected when you place your order, it becomes a self install, with any WiFi equipment simply shipped to you.

So if instead you were given an appointment, it’s probably unplugged or disconnected in some way. We sometimes find that people mail back or discard the power supply, or that a jumper cable is missing. But if you can get it plugged in and lit up with a good link, it can become a simple self-install, with instant activation!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by verne.smith » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:16 pm
Awesome. Thanks for the reply!
3 posts Page 1 of 1