Internet assistance for CA teachers

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by ben » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:22 pm
My wife is a teacher and is teaching remotely from home. I was wondering if sonic had any thoughts on assisting California’s teachers with either free or discounted Internet for the next school year.
by dane » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:00 pm
ben wrote:My wife is a teacher and is teaching remotely from home. I was wondering if sonic had any thoughts on assisting California’s teachers with either free or discounted Internet for the next school year.
We have initiated discussions with a couple school districts about the idea of providing free or discounted access for student families as well as staff and teachers. Nothing to announce yet though, we're early in the discussions.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Pepe » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:09 pm
Along these lines, is Sonic providing any assistance/discounts to first/frontline COVID-19 personnel or for those who have had theirs hours reduced or been laid off? This would be a kind gesture, especially from a smaller, community supported ISP.
by dane » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:55 pm
Pepe wrote:Along these lines, is Sonic providing any assistance/discounts to first/frontline COVID-19 personnel or for those who have had theirs hours reduced or been laid off? This would be a kind gesture, especially from a smaller, community supported ISP.
Yes, Sonic has a COVID-19 offer for households with students, teachers, healthcare workers, etc. It provides for three months of completely free service for those who switch to Sonic and who are in one of the qualifying categories. Details can be found here: http://sonic.com/cov19

The problem is that this doesn't help students and their families beyond three months, and we're working toward ideas to build a means of assisting with a long term solution.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1