For List Administrators - spam subscription requests

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by bcarney » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:52 pm
I am admin for several lists hosted by sonic.net. I have recently noticed an increase in multiple simultaneous subscribe attempts by the same address across the various lists I admin. It therefore seems there is an automated attempt to subscribe to open public lists at sonic. While it's not (yet) to the point of wreaking havoc with my time to reject each one, it is an annoying hassle. I bring this for discussion here as my suggest to support.sonic.net to develop some sort of filter to spot this activity was rejected. They did advise it could become a future feature request if enough people complain about it.
by joemuller » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:25 pm
We've gotten a few reports of subscribe spam from Sonic mailing lists in the past couple weeks and are looking at ways to limit/stop them. Thank you for reporting the behavior and sending an example to our support team.

-- Joe M
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by bcarney » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:45 pm
Thanks Joe. If you're able to float potential solutions here for feedback, that would be appreciated.
3 posts Page 1 of 1