I terminated my Internet Service on 4/26/20, but they just keep trying to take money from my account.

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by brispa » Fri May 08, 2020 4:10 pm
THEY WILL NOT CANCEL MY SERVICE. NOT THAT I USE IT AS I WILL BE GOING INTO HOSPICE CARE. I WILL BE DEAD AND THEY WILL STILL BE TAKING MY MONEY.
I had been in a year and a half long remission with Leukemia. I found out ( while getting tested by my Oncologist for Covid19) that I am no longer in remission. It is no longer treatable. I avoided the Doctor too long, then the Covid19 came and I didnt want to chance going to my Doc. Finally, I was having such terrible headaches.
Anyway, sorry for long story.
I immediately contacted all my bill companies, closed all my credit cards, made deals with my utility companies, etc. As I do not want my son to inherit only my debt.
I emailed my situation to Sonic and asked them to terminate my account immediately ( on 4/26/2020 as well as asking where to send the router). I received a response, obviously the person had not read my email.. Then I responded back with the ticket number, a verification code and still no response. Yet they have daily been attempting to take a full months money from my bank account. Now I am receiving " payment late", letters.
I have nothing. Yet they continue to try to take money from my empty bank account. Please help me! Anybody have an answer?
by greendragon » Sun May 10, 2020 5:45 pm
I was considering signing up for this service and happened to see your post. This is incredibly shameful and I am sorry to hear that you have encountered absolute nonsense. Since customer service has been non-reaponsive, I would suggest taking this to social media — Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, local news reporters/outlets. This is beyond disgraceful behavior on Sonic’s behalf.
by chris » Mon May 11, 2020 10:44 am
I would recommend calling in support instead of going through email only. You will get much faster service over the phone and they will be able to answer your questions right away. Cancellation might not be an option over email to begin with. Usually that is reserved for phone support only.
by brian » Mon May 18, 2020 6:51 pm
I was wanting to cancel service as well -- was not able to find out how to do it online but calling the support number, pressing 3 for billing, and a 2-minute confirmation with a friendly helper Tim and I was done.

So sorry to hear of your situation, wishing you and your family the best.
by dct » Tue May 19, 2020 10:13 am
I'm incredibly sorry to hear about the your situation. This is something that hits close to home for me, and I'm sorry that this is something you had to deal with in the middle of everything else going on. It does look like at this point we were able to assist you in both mitigating those charges and accommodating equipment return if needed.

I wanted to add that, while frustrating due to the circumstances, this isn't meant to be frustrating by design. In all requests for cancelling service, we have a set verification protocol we have to follow to make sure we're not cancelling service by accident, or based on an erroneous/malicious request.

Please reach out to me if we can be of any assistance moving forward.
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1