Ethernet Switch Recommendations

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by ccanalita » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:56 pm
I used up all the ports on the Sonic router (5286AC). I want to add more wired ports. What does Sonic recommend for an Ethernet Switch?
by parker_day » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:02 pm
I don't know if Sonic has an official recommendation, but I myself have used a couple of TP-Link unmanaged gigabit switches and have always had excellent performance. I also use the Power Over Ethernet (PoE) version of their 8 port switch to run some security cameras, works like a charm. Definitely feels well made for the price.

Here is the regular, 8 port, non-PoE TP-Link Switch: https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/ ... -Ethernet/
by ds_sonic_asif » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:36 pm
I have a couple these that have been problem free for the 3 years that they've been here:

Linksys Business LGS308 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Switch

Also have been running one of these without trouble since our fiber install last July:

Cisco SG110-16 Desktop Switch with 16 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) Ports, Limited Lifetime Protection (SG110-16-NA)

But low end gear like this, there is always a luck of the draw element with receiving a lemon.
3 posts Page 1 of 1