Sonic COVID-19 Traffic Graph

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by malcolmslaney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:05 pm
Is the graph from today's letter from the CEO available in a little bit bigger size?

I had heard that daytime usage was up, but it’s interesting to see nighttime too.

I assume purple is upload… that seems to be a bit up too.

What are the different shades of green?

I’m interested because people have asked me about the EU’s demand that Netflix cut back quality and bit rate. Seems a bit over the top to me, since the biggest peak is at night, which is probably mostly entertainment, not work.

Thanks for the great service.

- Malcolm

On Mar 23, 2020, at 10:48 AM, Sonic Support <support@sonic.com> wrote:

Increasing usage and capacity upgrades are a normal process for us. Our network engineering team is constantly engaged in monitoring usage trends and planning the deployment of upgrades. This rapid increase in usage has caused us to apply immediate upgrades that would have normally been deployed in six to twelve months. At this point, we do not expect any capacity challenges on the Sonic network.
by amayfield » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:15 pm
Yeah, Dane (the Sonic CEO) originally tweeted the image and the resolution is quite a bit higher - https://twitter.com/dane/status/1240155938193051648
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1