charged for 2 ATAs for 3 months even after defective ATA was returned

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by rg1 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:33 pm
My patience with Sonic may have finally run out.
This evening we discovered a billing error on our latest invoice (first noticed it in our credit card statement) - and after checking invoices for the past 3 months; we found that we were being charged for 2 ATAs.
what happened?
Our first ATA died back in September so we had to get a replacement.
We returned our defective ATA and even got a confirmation email with RMA# saying that Sonic had received the defective ATA.
well... what they did then is beyond my comprehension.
For the next 3 billing periods, including this month, I was charged for 2 ATAs!
Now I ask you - who in their right mind would use or even need 2 ATAs when just about 99% of users here hate paying for the first ATA and the mandatory voice-call feature?
Obviously, Sonic doesn't have staff who carefully check for these kinds of billing discrepancies - they just wait for the customer to discover the error (yes I admit I should have caught it when it first happened 3 months ago). Better yet, if the customer doesn't find the error, they keep the extra money.

Well played Sonic. You just lost all of my respect. I've been a loyal customer for approx 8 years - but I now hate Sonic almost as much as I hate AT&T and Comcast. I never thought I'd say that but I just did - so there.
by jerrielm » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:00 pm
Hello!

I am sorry to hear that issues with the billing system that you have had. If you can DM me your address I can take a look and make sure you are compensated correctly. I look forward to your DM.

Best Wishes!
by cmeisel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:05 pm
This posting is a little too much drama for me. It sounds like something slipped through the cracks and this should probably be best addressed by contacting support and not by posting in the forum. I am sure there is no bigger, evil plan here, this sounds like an honest mistake. If you would have contacted them and they would not have helped, that would have justified this posting but all the people wasting time by posting in a forum rather than talking to the support teams that can actually help them is a really bad habit.
3 posts Page 1 of 1