New Sonic Customer - Hidden Fees

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by solof » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:42 am
I just signed up with Sonic and initially was thrilled at the price/service. We switched from Xfinity because it seemed we would be paying cheaper for much better internet. Installation happened on the same day I ordered! and couldn't have gone better. Unfortunately I now find that I'm being charged extra for a bundled phone line I did not order or have no use for and our monthly bill will now actually be higher than our previous Xfinity bill! We switched because we were led to believe our monthly bill would be lower not higher. Nowhere on the sign up page does it warn you that there are additional fees and you're led to believe you'll be charged nothing more per month than the promotional amount stated on the page. Talk about deceptive practices. These are the exact kind of shenanigans that made us hate Comcast/Xfinity so much. Also why is my 'Gigabit' ethernet only showing speeds of 200Mps on speed tests? My feelings have gone from elation to extremely disappointed and I'm thinking of canceling and going back to Comcast -at least they don't charge hidden fees for a bundled service I have no use for.
by brendanduong » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:18 am
+1 I have the exact same experience as you, if Sonic won't change its behavior, I hope the law will force them to: https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/202 ... t-provide/
2 posts Page 1 of 1