Block email to non-existent domain email addresses

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by thom » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:17 pm
I had a simple alias that was used in the Domain Email Aliases: to block incoming emails to unknown domain name addresses. I accidentally deleted it and do not recall the specific address. I am now swamped with these emails. Help Please
by joemuller » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:54 pm
One way of trapping messages to the catch-all/wildcard address is setting it up this way:

Code: Select all

*@YOURDOMAIN.COM points at devnull@sonic.net
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by virtualmike » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:33 pm
Or even just individual addresses, right? :?:
by thom » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:14 am
I may not be using the correct terminology, but the problem is that I get loads of email addressed to fictitious recipients at my domain. As in: "jim@my-domain.com" or "helen@mydomain.com." In the past, I had an alias that pointed to an address that rejected these emails. I had forgotten about it and accidently deleted the alias/address and the emails started coming. I can't even remember where I got the information from. Sonic support was not able to help and recommended the Forum.
by virtualmike » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:04 pm
Understood. I'm not in a situation where I need to do a wildcard on all unused addresses; I just have a couple of addresses on my domain that became spam targets, so I'd like to apply that treatment just to them.

Right now, I have them pointing to the autoresponder, but I'd prefer to send them to a black hole.
5 posts Page 1 of 1