Sonic's Webmail Just Dumped a Friend's Email into the Graymail Folder! :(

General discussions and other topics.
13 posts Page 2 of 2
by ezekielk » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:39 pm
Okay, thanks. I'll tell my friend that we should no longer post emails shorter than 10 lines, so as to appease the spam monster.
Just kidding.

Seriously though: if a spam checker can find a suspicious phrase, format or whatever, it can readily state the specific reason /why/ right there in their warning message...highlighting the portion in question. Instead of coughing up cryptic numbers which aren't really much help in figuring out what's wrong. This is too much like Windoze' useless error codes that are rarely helpful, and often perplexing and impossible to resolve.

As it now stands, I remain in the dark as to what, specifically, caused this alert. And you can't send them a false positive result to help them improve the service, unless you have a license from them...and that only applies to the ISP owner, not any of its users.

PS: Maybe the non-English word "Ullamaliztli" triggered an alarm somewhere in the bowels of their headquarters! :D
by jacob.karinen » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:38 am
One thing you could do is go into member tools and whitelist their address. It should give them an automatic pass instead of being filtered out no matter the length or content.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by ezekielk » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:46 am
I'm not interested in doing the whitelist thing...as I said earlier. My email habits are such that I rarely get any spam, anyway...been using Roundcube from another service for years, that does not include spam protection at all, and it was no problem. I just turned Spam Assassin off.
13 posts Page 2 of 2