Two-factor Authentication 2fa for all mailboxes

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by harpune » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:28 pm
I suggest that every mailbox, not only the User Account Member Tools page, provide 2fa when logging in to the Member Tools available for each individual mailbox. There, passwords can be reset.

Another concern regards security for the Account Username itself. An email address such as Username@sonicnet would obviously be unsecure. However, my Account Username can be found by an intruder who breaks into the Member Tools page for an individual mailbox. I want no one to get my User Id.

In short: to protect mailbox password changes, implement 2fa capability for each mailbox.
Also, hide the Account Username in individual mailbox Member Tools.
by rlee719 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:58 pm
I am, likewise, waving a bright lobbying flag in favor of Sonic providing two-factor authentication for access to all mailboxes, including the optional use of a security key.

It's time for Sonic to step-up to it's historically high level of customer service as the web abusers continue to proliferate.
by virtualmike » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:13 pm
Or allowing us to create a password specifically for the mailbox (in Googlespeak, "an app-specific password").
by ken830 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:27 pm
Any traction with this? Not having 2FA on mailboxes poses a huge security risk and renders the sonic.net email unusable for account recovery purposes..
4 posts Page 1 of 1