Thank you, Sonic.

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by forest » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:48 pm
Dear Sonic,

You have been my internet provider for somewhere between fifteen and twenty years. Your service has been outstanding for a great deal of that time. Recent years have brought growing pains, and although I can't say I'm happy about everything, overall, I'm still glad to be your customer.

Thank you for remaining independent despite the Verio buyout that destroyed so many others.

Thank you for continually finding ways to reach more of us, despite the big players' efforts to block competition.

Thank you for speaking out against legislation that would make life worse for us.

Thank you for respecting our privacy.

Thank you for working toward a culture of competence and kindness among your support and engineering staff.

Thank you for all the value added services, including the usenet newsgroups, shell accounts, email lists, customizable spam filters, and VPN.

Thank you for making yourselves available not only for tech support calls, but also for community discussions in this forum and elsewhere.

Thank you for staying up late to fix things when they break.

And, most recently, thank you so much for running fiber to my home! I suffered through slow DSL for a long time, but the wait was absolutely worth it. Latency and bandwidth are both freaking great now, and having this level of service without (re)turning to the evil corp ISPs is a very welcome relief. I love it.

Happy holidays to all of you.
by ezekielk » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:40 pm
> including the usenet newsgroups,

Usenet? How does one get on Sonic's Usenet service? I'm new here, and can't find any info on this in the Knowledge Base or Member Tools. Thanks for your help.

Edit: Never mind, I searched older forum posts...Usenet service is no longer available. You must be a very longterm Sonic user. :)
by dct » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:04 pm
forest wrote:Dear Sonic,

You have been my internet provider for somewhere between fifteen and twenty years. Your service has been outstanding for a great deal of that time. Recent years have brought growing pains, and although I can't say I'm happy about everything, overall, I'm still glad to be your customer.

Thank you for remaining independent despite the Verio buyout that destroyed so many others.

Thank you for continually finding ways to reach more of us, despite the big players' efforts to block competition.

Thank you for speaking out against legislation that would make life worse for us.

Thank you for respecting our privacy.

Thank you for working toward a culture of competence and kindness among your support and engineering staff.

Thank you for all the value added services, including the usenet newsgroups, shell accounts, email lists, customizable spam filters, and VPN.

Thank you for making yourselves available not only for tech support calls, but also for community discussions in this forum and elsewhere.

Thank you for staying up late to fix things when they break.

And, most recently, thank you so much for running fiber to my home! I suffered through slow DSL for a long time, but the wait was absolutely worth it. Latency and bandwidth are both freaking great now, and having this level of service without (re)turning to the evil corp ISPs is a very welcome relief. I love it.

Happy holidays to all of you.

Thanks so much Forest. We wouldn't be able to continue to provide the kind of service we do without people like you in our community. I've gone ahead and shared this with our employees, and I am sure they'll appreciate the sentiment too :)
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
by ezekielk » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:02 pm
4 posts Page 1 of 1